Friday, August 19, 2011

Those Parents

I realized yesterday that we may be "those parents"
I lump Jim into the "we" even though he
wasn't even home when I came to this realization.
Parenting is a partnership right?

Anyway- back to my revelation
about us being "those parents"
You know "those parents" the ones
who watch as their children do semi-dangerous things
and instead of stopping them, they grab a camera.


Oh yeah- we can climb stairs now.


And play with swords.


And apparently we're those parents who just let
our daughter crawl around the house in a diaper.
That's not dangerous, it's just easier.


Look Ma! I'm a ninja!


Ha! This one was mid-sneeze.

I realize that it's probably time
to put down the camera.
But it's fun to watch her try and learn each time.

The photo that I didn't capture last night
was the moment when she was sitting in the kitchen
opening up the trash cupboard door
over, and over, and over.

Yeah- we're those parents.
Child-proofing the cabinets is on the short list
for projects this weekend.

So here- enjoy this video of
Stella climbing stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment