Monday, September 10, 2012

I've Got Spirit... How 'Bout You?

Here we are at Cross Country Season again.
And it has been a great start to the Season for Cole.


He PR'ed at Time Trials


And has twice been selected to travel to out of town meets in Omaha-
an honor on a team of 90+ runners and one bus.


He has since beat his time trial time by almost a minute


and has some specific goals in mind.


We are proud of the boy- no doubt!

But that's not really what this post is about.
Instead it's that dilemma that faces many-a-sports parent these days.

It's the decal....


Last year we did not decal our car.
It feels, I don't know, showy, braggy, look at me-ish.
Cole knows we support him, 
and he also knows which car is ours 
without plastering his name on the back window.

But this year, in a moment of weakness I bought the decal.
Well, let's be honest, I bought two decals. 
Cole wanted one for his own car.
"All the cool kids have them Mom"
And Jim gave me a disapproving look as if to say:
"I don't even know you anymore."
So here I sit, another meet in 3 hours, decal in hand.
Do I show up like a lame-o Mom at the meet un-decal'd?
Other parents whispering and giving Cole supportive and empathetic looks.
"That poor boy's Mom doesn't have a decal, she must not really love him."

To decal, or not to decal.
That is the question.

So did I?



Heck no! 
Look at that dirty car.
I would have to wipe off a spot in order to put it on
and then I would look lame with just one little spot clean on my car,
so then I would have to go through the car wash.
Maybe this weekend...


No comments:

Post a Comment