Monday, December 6, 2010

Back to Work

I knew this day would come.
I have to go back to work.
I have exactly 164 hours of maternity leave left.

I have been off work since mid-September. I went on bedrest for about a week before Stella was born, so I've gotten pretty spoiled being at home


And getting to spend my days with this girl.


I'm dreading going back to work.

I really do love my job, and everyone there has been so understanding and wonderful about me taking such a long break to spend with my girl. I'm very ready to be back at work- I've missed my job.
I'm dreading it because I don't want to take Stella to daycare.
I can't imagine leaving her every day.
I'm not ready. I already know that.
I'm pretty sure there will be lots of tears next Monday morning as I take Stella to her daycare for the first time.
Don't get me wrong- the daycare we chose is exceptional.
We knew as soon as we toured it that we had found the right one for our baby.
I feel very good about how awesome Stella's days will be there.


I just can't imagine not getting to do this on a daily basis.
I'm not sure who enjoys it more, Stella or I.


I'm geting the impression that everyone in my house is already tired of hearing me whine about how much I'm dreading it.

For now I'm doing everything I can to enjoy the next 164 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment