Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Stella My Star

Stella: Derived from the Old French form of the Latin 'stella' meaning star.

Anyone who knows Jim knows that he doesn't make big decisions without first researching.
Choosing Stella's name was no different.
We had to know the meaning of the name, popularity, historical uses, and we had to make sure that it wasn't tied to anything inherently negative or bad, (think Adolf).
Check, check, check, Stella made the cut- and so it was.
We love her name.
From the first person we told in the hospital, it seems that everyone has an old aunt or neighbor named Stella, and they all seem to be described as spunky or spirited.
That's cool.
But her name actually means 'Star'.
That isn't why we chose it, but we like what it means.
We like that it suggests that she's going to do big things, and the hippie in me also likes that it's got a nature-y connection.
We like that it's not super common, but that it's not a made up name either.
So she's our little star.

So I've been noticing a bit of a trend:


Here she is watching TV with Daddy.


Looks here like Daddy might be choking her, but I think he's just working on a burp.


Here she is this morning- ready to go to daycare.

She's got a lot of clothing with stars on it.
This is not by design. They just seem to find her.
I don't know if there are a lot of baby clothes with stars on them, or if I am just drawn to them.
Either way.
I know these are not all of her star outfits. They just seem to pop up.

And so she is- Stella- My Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment