Monday, December 13, 2010

Big Girl School


I realized this morning that it takes a lot of gear to get out of the house for a first day of daycare.

This is what the front seat of my car looked like this morning.





If you can tell, there are 6 bags here, plus a gallon sized ziploc bag of milk.
There is also a backpack in the back seat that didn't make it into the picture.



There was so much gear in my front seat, in fact, that the seat detected the weight, but it was not enough to turn on the airbag- thankfully.

Oh yeah, and there was also a baby with me.
It was a tough day for this Mom. 
I had a tough time leaving my little lady at the daycare, but they were prepared for that.
Miss Melanie reminded me many times that I was welcome to call and/or stop by at any point during the day if I needed a little peace of mind.

I did both.

I called about an hour after I dropped her off- just to check.
Miss Melanie reassured me that Stella was fine.
She was swinging and napping.

Later in the morning when I was out and about, I swung by- just to check.



This is what our girl was doing.
She's laying in her crib, happily enjoying the activity gym.
I even saw her batting her arms at the toys hanging down.
I've never seen her do that at home before.

When I picked her up, Miss Jen said that Stella had a good day. 
She said that Stella was an easy baby, and that normally they expect babies first days to be rough.
But our girl handled herself like a trooper.
Everyone said that she was sweet.
I already knew that.

Looks like big girl school is working out well for Stella.



No comments:

Post a Comment