Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Daycare Countdown

We went to visit Stella's daycare yesterday.


This girl was excited to meet her teachers.

This mommy was not as excited.
Actually, that's not true, I was excited to meet Miss Melanie and Miss Jen - the ladies who will be taking care of my girl while I'm working.
I was just not looking forward to thinking about it.

It was a very good experience, and I'm really glad we went for the visit. It gave me some peace of mind that Stella will be well cared for while we're working.

The teachers were super sweet and asked lots of questions about Stella.
Questions that I couldn't necessarily answer.
They wanted to know things about her likes and dislikes.
Um, I don't know.
Sometimes she likes stuff, and then sometimes she cries when we do the same stuff.
Kind of made me feel like where have I been for the last 12 weeks?
Have I not learned anything about my daughter?



They already had her stuff all labeled in the room.
Her crib was labeled, her cubby, her storage boxes.
They're ready for her.
And they're super excited for a dark-haired baby.
Apparently they have a lot of blondies in the room.

So, 120 hours until my girl goes to daycare.
I think I can handle it
With a lot of help from Miss Melanie and Miss Jen.

No comments:

Post a Comment