Saturday, March 12, 2011

Marathon Training Update

So I realized that a while back I promised to do weekly marathon training updates.
And then I kind of didn't do any updates.
Well, I want you to know that it's not because marathon training isn't still occurring at our house.
I didn't do any updates because I realized that
posting the same pictures of Jim & Cole in their running gear week after week
and posting their running times and distances
would be a little bit monotonous and boring.


But, we're several weeks in to training now, and we're 50 days away from Marathon Day
so it's time for an update...

The guys have been doing a great job on their training schedule.


I modified the half-marathon training schedule from Marathon Rookie
just a little bit in order to fit our household schedule and they have been using it as their guide.
I think it has been helpful for Cole so he always knows which days he needs to run,
and how far he has to go.
When I made the schedule, they were 11 weeks out, and it's a 10 week schedule
so there was an extra week of training built in as a little cushion for them.
Unfortunately the snow the past couple of weeks ate into their cushion,
and so they now have to follow the schedule without any additional breaks.
The guys are doing all of their training runs together
and they plan to run the race together as well.
They are able to run 4 miles easy and under thier goal of 10-minute miles.
They have a 6 mile run tomorrow.


Stella and I continue to be their biggest supporters.
And we can't wait to cheer them on on race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment