Saturday, March 5, 2011

Squash Cubes

I finally was able to get that squash cooked.

I used these instructions from Wholesome Baby Food to prepare it.
I had instructions in my baby food cookbook, but these were simpler.


I had an acorn squash, but the instructions could be used for a butternut squash too.
I just cut the squash in half.


And then scooped out the seeds.
I don't think I've ever handled an acorn squash before.
It smelled nutty.


Then I put it in a cake pan with about an inch of water.


And baked it for about 40 minutes.
It came out soft.


Then I just scooped the "meat" into the food processor and
smashed it up.


Here are the squash carcasses after I scooped all the good stuff out.


I ended up with quite a bit of squash, so I was able to freeze some.


They came out pretty good.


I was pretty proud of the squash cubes.


Here's Stella's first taste of the squash.
She actually liked it.
This is the first food that she has really liked.
She tolerates avocado, but she really seemed interested in the squash.



She was pretty interested in the way it felt on her hands.
I was proud of my girl for eating her veggies!


And now it's time for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment