Monday, April 25, 2011

MacGyver Mom

When we started cloth diapering
one of my fears was that I would run out of diapers
and be left with nothing to catch the various things that come out of our girl.
Because of this (or in the case of a poop-tastrophe)
I try to keep a small pack of
disposable diapers on hand.
I don't like to use disposable diapers because they don't
contain the messes quite as well.
But sometimes they're necessary.

Well,
Our busy weekend caught up with me yesterday.
I realized when I changed Stella's mega-poo diaper
that I only had one clean diaper left.
No matter, I thought, because she had just poo'd
so I would have plenty of time to toss the others into the wash
before she would need another diaper change.
So I started the wash, and then I sat down to feed her.

Silly Mommy!
Stella had other plans for this day.
And so she proceeded to poo again.
Uh, now what?
Well, I guess we'll just have to use a disposable diaper until the others finish in the wash.

Silly Mommy!
I must have used up the last disposable that we had on hand.
Uh, now what?
Jim & Cole just left for a 2 hour run,
and I'm not about to strap Stella with her diaper full of poo into the carseat
to run out to the store.

MacGyver Mommy to the rescue!


Here is our girl
laying on her play mat
on a towel
with microfiber diaper inserts underneath.
Covering her precious bum is 2 Gerber burp cloths.
At first I just sort of wrapped the burp cloths around her
but she kept wiggling and coming uncovered
so I snapped her onesie to keep them on
until I could get a diaper cover washed.
She spent about 30 minutes like this
and yes, she did wet.
But it didn't go any farther than the towel.
I guess it's a good thing that she likes to lay on her back
and that she was feeling content to play on her play mat.

At least I know now that in a pinch, I can handle running out of diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment