Monday, November 7, 2011

Darn Time Change!

First off, I realize that I have already broken my
vow to blog every day this month. 
I honestly just forgot on Saturday
and then on Sunday I just gave myself permission to 
skip blogging on the weekends.
So, there it is.
I'll still try to blog on the weekdays
and we'll see how the weekends go.

Ok, now on to today's post...
I officially hate the time change.
I think it's silly.
I don't like that it's getting dark at 5:30 now.
And I don't like trying to get a very well scheduled child
to switch her schedule by a whole hour.
Last night we were fighting her off from sleep at 6:30 PM.
We managed to keep her up until almost 7:15.
But not before she, out of sheer exhaustion, smashed
her thumb in the dryer door while she was helping 
Mommy fold laundry.

The time change also affects our morning routine.
Normally I can get showered and ready before she wakes up.
But of course now that we're pushed back an hour
Guess who got to help Mommy get ready this morning?


She likes to see what she can find in the bathroom drawers.


These are things she normally doesn't get to play with.


And she really likes it!
Especially when she shakes the bag of cotton balls
and they all come falling out!


This exploring is serious business!


And she likes it!


"Oh, Hi Mom. Look what I found."


I guess with all of the new things that she found
she's ok with leaving some old friends behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment