Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Licensed To Drive

Yep, he did it!
He passed his Driver's Exam.


See, he's already proudly displaying his Permit.
He took his test yesterday afternoon.


And then he drove us home.


Look at the concentration on that face.
He was very careful and did a great job!

I do believe this milestone officially moves us forward
into a new chapter on this blog-
The "teaching your kid how to drive" chapter.

Bless every single parent out there who had the patience to teach their child how to drive.
I distinctly remember learning how to drive and almost 
ditching the car with my Mom in the backseat
because I took a corner on gravel too fast.
And I also remember my Mom being a great teacher
and letting me drive every chance I got.
I plan to do the same with Cole
so that he gets lots of good driving experience
so that when the State decides he's capable of driving unsupervised
I can relax and toss him the keys.
For now, though, we learn.

Learning to drive in Lincoln is distinctly different 
than learning to drive in Scribner.
For now Cole will get his feet wet on the side streets and empty parking lots.

Cole really is a good student.
We have been talking for quite some time when I'm driving
about what action I should be taking
and I've been trying to get him to anticipate other driver's actions.
And he has good instincts.
But I'm sure we'll have stories too.
So stay tuned. 
I'm looking forward to sharing this new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment