Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Boy Loves His Sister


I don't know what it's like to raise children who are close in age, Cole and Stella are almost 14 years apart. Cole will be a freshman in college when Stella starts Kindergarten. I can't say I would want it any other way. It has been a thrill to watch Cole become an awesome big brother to his little sister.

He actually "calls" Stella-time in the evenings when she's being especially cute so that he gets time to spend with her. Last night Jim and I needed to go to Sam's and Cole wanted to know how long we'd be gone because he thought it might be a good time for him to attempt his first solo-Stella time. Turns out that we had other errands to run as well, and 90 minutes might be too long. He's looking forward to babysitting though.


Here is a little quality Stella time. Not sure Stella is enjoying watching her brother text....



These two are going to be great friends some day.

Wishing a Happy 26th Birthday today to my brother Mike. When he was a baby and I was 10 I wrote a letter to him calling him an "attention stealer." My mom shared this letter with Cole last weekend and I'm sure Cole could definitely relate to those sentiments. I got over it- and now can't imagine my life without both of my younger brothers. I'm sure Cole already feels the same way about his sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment