Monday, November 15, 2010

First Smiles!

Stella smiled this weekend!


I mean she really smiled- on purpose! She did it more than once and has done it several times already today! The first time she smiled it was immediately followed by a pout and a little bit of crying. I think we startled her because we got so excited. Despite that, she still was willing to hand out more smiles as the weekend went on. She even gave her brother a big old toothless smile when he came home after being gone all weekend.

We are beginning to get glimpses of her developing personality and it is so exciting for us. It is just so fun to see her respond to us. The smiles are just in time for the holidays and Stella getting the opportunity to meet some of her aunts and uncles who she hasn't met yet.

Today I am finding myself having a lot of conversations with Stella that are basically me begging her to smile again. So- come on friends, give us a smile- we know you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment