Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!

I announced this last night and Cole thought I was nuts. I think Thanksgiving becomes more attractive as a person ages. I love the opportunity to get together with family and enjoy great food without the pressures of Christmas.

I also like to spend some time reflecting on the previous year and the things I have in my life that I should be thankful for. Too often I think we get so busy with the day to day tasks that we don't look at the bigger picture.

Some of the things that I am thankful for this year:




This silly, awesome man who has entered into parenthood with me again this year.
It was a long journey to get to this point, but I honestly couldn't be happier.
I have a great partner and wonderful support system.


And of course I'm so thankful to have the privilege to spend all of my days with these two amazing people.
It has been an awesome experience to watch Cole become a big brother to Stella.
I don't think a day goes by that he doesn't ask how she's doing.
Even when he's gone for the weeeknd, he always texts to check in on his sister.
I feel so blessed to be a part of the lives of these children.
I know that as a parent, it is my job to teach and guide them to be good people, but I don't think that is one-sided. As much as I am guiding them, they are guiding me.

So during this holiday season- I am giving thanks, and reflecting.

We are looking forward to spending time on Thursday with Jim's family. Stella will get the opportunity to meet her Aunt, Uncles and Cousins that she hasn't met yet. It will be fun for us to share our special little girl with her extended family.

On Friday we will be at my Mom's with 2 of my brothers and thier families. Stella & Cole will get to hang out with cousins, and Cole gets some quality time with 2 of his favorite guys, who incessantly pick on him, and he loves every minute of it! We are also hoping to sneak in some time over the weeeknd with other sisters and cousins.

What a wonderfully exciting time to spend with those that we love.
I hope that everyone takes a few moments to reflect on the things that you are thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment