Sunday, February 27, 2011

Time To Eat

At Stella's 4-month check-up we were given the thumbs up to start
feeding her some "real people" food.

The doctor gave us a schedule of the order in which to introduce solids.
We were to start with rice cereal, and then move on to other white colored foods
and then move on to the oranges and greens.

I went right out and bought some rice cereal,
and Stella basically hated it.
She just would not eat any of it.
So we kept trying it every few nights
with no success.
We decided to give oatmeal a shot, and that went over a little better

Just this past week, we have put forth a concerted effort to introducing solids.
And it has been met with mixed reviews by Stella.


Daddy tried to feed her some oatmeal.


I think she wore more than she ate.


We also tried avocado, which she loved.

It was time to really kick this eating thing up a notch.
We had decided that instead of buying jarred baby food
we would be making our own.
I found this website: Wholesome Baby Food that was very informational and helpful.


I also had gotten this cookbook for Christmas.
I was ready to go.


So off to Whole Foods we went, and came home with
an acorn squash
and a sweet potato.
I already had the avocado, but it made it into the picture anyway.


I'm not a big veggie eater, so I had never before cooked a sweet potato.
But based on everything that I had read, you just cook it like a regular potato.


So I did.


It came out very soft,
Perfect.


It was also very moist, so I didn't even have to add any water or milk.
I just mashed it.


And divided it into small storage containers.
I can't wait to try them out tomorrow.

And then on to the squash!



I hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment