Friday, February 18, 2011

When Jammies Attack

Stella was attacked by her jammies!

Earlier this week we had what we thought was a bad case of gas.
She was happily sleeping in her bouncy while I was wrapping things up for the night
when all of a sudden she started screaming.
Not your typical hungry/sleepy/wet cry.
This was something different.
Painful.

Jim and I quickly diagnosed that she must have gas.
We had just tried oatmeal with her
and assumed it must not have agreed with her.
So we did what we knew to do, gas drops and aggressive back patting.
She did burp (who wouldn't)
and finally after about a mile of walking around the living room
Jim was able to get her back to sleep.

When she got up in the night she ate and then did the same horrible, painful screaming.
I happened to notice as I was trying, unsuccessfully, to ease her pain
that her sleeper foot was a little bit crooked.
I touched her foot to try to fix it,
and the screaming increased.
I tried again, with the same result.
I'm not so quick at 1:00 AM when I'm holding an inconsolable baby.
So, once more I gave it a shot- and still with the screaming!
Hmmm, maybe I'm on to something.
So I quickly began to get her sleeper off, expecting to find something horrible inside.
Maybe bees or spiders.
What I found was that her toe had gotten caught up in some string
inside the foot of her jammies.
There are some flowers embroidered on the feet of that particular pair of jammies
and they attacked her.


Here is her foot- it's the "ring" toe.
It was pretty red, although it's hard to see in this picture.
Again, I'm not so quick at 1:00 in the morning, but
I thought I better take a picture, just in case.
Just in case of what? I'm not sure.
Maybe I thought her toe would fall off.

In any case, I was quick enough to throw those jammies into the trash.
And put on another pair with no toe string.
And Stella's toe is still attached.
Whew! Disaster averted.
For today.

No comments:

Post a Comment