Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Random Thoughts Wednesday

Today is a random thought day.


It is day 2 of Stella sleeping in her crib.
She is doing awesome.
Last night she fell asleep at about 8:30.
I was able to dream feed her at 10:00 and got her topped off for the night.
Then we put her in her crib and hit the hay.
I feel weird about putting her in her room and then closing the door
but it is necessary because there is someone else in our house who also enjoys sleeping in the crib.


Lucy has never gotten in the crib with Stella
but I wouldn't put it past her.
So our options are to close Stella's door to keep the cat out
or put the cat in our room and then close our door.
I am less fond of the second option because then Lucy doesn't have access to her litter box
hence our decision to close Stella's door.
We have a monitor, and it is very sensitive.
Last night I could actually hear Stella's nose whistling as she slept,
so I'm confident that I can her her every little move.
I just have to get more comfortable with my tiny girl sleeping in her own room.

So she slept.
She woke at 3 to eat, and then back to sleep
until 8 this morning!
It seems the crib sleeping is working out for her.
I'm glad.
And I'll get used to it too- eventually.

Someone else in our house is getting to be a big kid.


This guy.

We have open house at his high school next week.
What was that I said?
Yes, HIGH SCHOOL.
This boy will be starting high school in the fall.
When did this happen?
How did he get to be 14?
The time has gone by so fast, and now we're attending open houses at high schools.

Next thing you know he'll be driving.
Oh yes- he'll be 15 in November
and eligible for that coveted learner's permit
and keys to the car with parent supervison.
And then we'll be doing college tours...

Ack!

I would like to freeze time in this moment


Silly Cole- age 13
and
Tiny Stella- 8 days.

I always tell people that every age that my kids are presently at is my favorite age.
And that's true, but lately I've become nostalgic
for past ages when I know we've still got lots of time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment