Tuesday, January 4, 2011

You're Fired!

Well, I'm definitely NOT "The Donald,"


but we've decided to switch Stella's pediatrician.

We just went with the same pediatrician that we had for Cole.
I think Cole has been with him since he was like 4 or 5.
He was an okay doctor for Cole, but once we started taking Stella there, I decided that I didn't like him.
It's just different when your kid is older and you really only need the doctor for illnesses,
but now with a baby and regular check-ups
our needs are different.

I like a doctor to talk to me
A LOT!
I want them to tell me what they're thinking
and what the latest research says.
If they're talking to me, then I know that they've made time for me
instead of rushing in and rushing out.
I want them to ask me questions too.
Sometimes I don't know to share a symptom because I don't necessarily know that it's relevant.
I guess maybe I'm picky, but that's okay because I'm the one paying the bills.
Our pediatrician was the quiet type.
He would come in and quietly do his work, tell me that things looked good, and then leave.
He was hurried.
And I was frustrated.

I loved my Obstetrician.
He would always spend as much time as I needed and answered all of my questions.
I wonder if he would just see Stella too?
Probably not.

So, we're switching.
I feel good about making the switch,
but I kind of felt like a jerk calling the office to ask them to transfer our records.


I'm hopeful for a better match!
And continued good reports for this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment