Thursday, January 20, 2011

Spring Breaking

With all of this snow on the ground, I think it's time we do some planning for Spring Break!

For the past few years, we've been taking advantage of Cole's week off for Spring Break to take a family trip.
We do our family vacation over Spring Break because
we can't ever seem to get away during the summer.
In years past it was because Cole played baseball
and Jim coached his team.
Also Cole was involved with Nature Camp
and Zoo Crew
and being a kid during the summer.
So, we do Spring Break instead.
It's fun.

Two years ago we went to Chicago.


Here are Jim & Cole cleaning windows at the Hancock Building
(because that's what you do in Chicago right?)



and here is Cole and I getting some deep dish
(that's more like it!)

Last year we went to Houston to visit Jim's brother and take in the sights.


We went to the Orange Show
If you haven't been- you must go.
It's something you'll never forget :)


and here's Cole and I at NASA.

I was about 3 months pregnant here.
Just starting to see a little tummy.
I have to be honest and say that I
#1 don't really remember too much from our Houston trip
#2 thought I was going to die during most of our Houston trip.
The morning sickness was pretty awful at this point.

On our way back from Houston we swung through San Antonio for one night.


Here are Jim & Cole at the Riverwalk.
Not a lot of pictures of me from this trip.
I think it was because I looked like death.


Our plan to was to go to Washington DC this year for Spring Break.


I think that plan has been scrapped, however.
We definitely could still do DC, but thought we might hold off for another year
until this lady is a little more travel ready.
I think she would be fine to make that trip actually
But little people require a lot of gear.
And we wanted to make sure that if we were going to DC
we could really take in all of the sights.
And we wanted to avoid having to lug along things like
a pack-n-play and breast pump.

So we had to go back to our wish list of places to visit.
We decided to try to do something within driving distance instead of flying.
On our short list:
Minneapolis (the top choice at this point)
St. Louis
Chicago again
Denver

To me it doesn't really matter where we go.
We always have a great time together making memories as a family.
(Well, except for that Houston trip that I don't remember).
And I'm excited to include Stella in the memory making this year.

(the ladies can't resist Cole's 3-Inch Guns)

No comments:

Post a Comment